Friday, July 25, 2008

Riding in Wisconsin

July 6th, 2008

Dear Diary,
OMG. So much has happened in the last 6 days I don't know where to start! Perhaps I should start with all the nice people I met in a convenience store parking lot on our way north to Steven's Point, Wisconsin?
PhotobucketPhotobucket

The lady in the white blouse was sooo excited to see and talk to women on motorcycles that I think she began to develop a stutter when she spoke to us. She did not tire of telling us how proud she was of us and that she thought we should also try track and field! ( ????...yes, we were a bit confused too but we decided later that she must have enjoyed track and field in her hay-day and wanted to share that with us also)

The Sportster, with all her sparkly jewelry, attracts people like crazy. What I find sooo fun is that men LOVE the crystal idea as much as women and are often the ones who approach me first to ask about their application. They Oooo and AHhhh and touch them and then you can see them start to think that maybe they should not like it all sooo much and they give an obligatory belch or crotch adjustment. Heehee!!

After the photo-op in the parking lot we made our way to the first of our encounters with a fellow Sister in Spirit member.

(In case you didn't know, Diary, Sisters in Spirit is a Motorcycle Association for Women that started in Oklahoma and has grown to be a national Association. Actually I think we have a member in Nova Scotia so we are international now! I am proud to serve as the New Jersey State Director.)

We Found our way to a gas station in Janesville and there waiting for us was "JenVroom".Photobucket Jen was sweet enough to meet us, have lunch with us and lead us down the highway for about 15 minutes before she had to veer off and get back to her family. Jen rides a Harley Softail Deluxe which just happens to be my dream bike. So while I fought back the urge drool all over it I knew that somewhere in New Jersey my husband's butt cheek closest to his wallet was going into a spasm of epic proportions.Photobucket

The next day found us waiting by the roadside for the second Sister but the first to join us on the ride. Photobucket
Having never met Foxy in person I would only be able to identify her by her ride which is a beautiful, dark blue, Honda Goldwing Trike. When I phoned her that morning to finalize our meeting time she informed me she was so excited that she had been to the bathroom twice already! It's funny, Diary, what perfect strangers will want you to know right off the bat. I wasn't certain how to respond except to be happy for her that she was going to start the trip...ahhh...."clean" so to speak and i told her so! When she finally pulled in and we met I was not disappointed in the least. She had sounded like a pip and she looked like a pip and I knew that we would get on just fine PhotobucketAfter some general chatter and going over some road rules and safety concerns we got on the road and headed towards Bayfield, Wisconsin. We rode in the beautiful sunshine through the calming forests. Well, I find them calming. Scarlett I am not so certain about. Perhaps I should stop here and organize my thoughts about how to tell you about Scarlett and her deer avoidance technique.
Till next time Diary..
Tink

No comments: