Thursday, August 21, 2008

Scarlett, The Story of a Tree, and....MAGIC!

July 8, 2008

Dear Diary,

So now you have formally "met" the travelers and gotten to know them a little bit as I have shared about the bonding experiences we have had.
It has been such an exciting trip. A fun trip. A busy trip. And now it is going to be a moving one as well.

I have told you about Twitter and how we are so alike; how fun that relationship has been and how rewarding.

Now I would like to tell you about Scarlett and me.

I first met Scarlett at a Sisters in Spirit meeting. One of the very few meetings we have because we would rather ride than have meetings.

It was in November of 2006. She drove an hour south to make the meeting. She walked, tentatively, through the doors of the Panera Restaurant where the meeting was being held and I threw my arms around her in a great hug. I was sooo happy to have a new person come check us out. There were only 5 or 6 of us...and we needed more riders.

She didn't have much to say that night. Not that she could have gotten a word in edge wise between Denise and Nadine and I. But she stayed and ate with us and laughed a lot and I think that by the time she left her spirit knew that she had come home. Sure enough, it didn't take long and she was an official member.

What you need to know about us together....well, it is kind of like Twitter and I in reverse. Where Twitter and I are nearly the same, Scarlett and I are completely different. Scarlett and I go through life at a completely different pace. She is the Hare and I am the Bunny!! lololol, No, REALLY! My mind jumps from one thing to another with such speed that I often make myself dizzy and nauseous. No matter what we do she does it slowly and I do it quickly and that, my friends will never change. From walking to riding to speaking to eating, packing, morning routine,...well, you get the picture.

Because we are just about the same age, (Scarlett being older, of course!) we share some things in common. Like our hot flashes and hormone imbalances. LOLololol....Ahhhh.

That being said that maybe about the only thing we do alike. Well, I think we both try to find balance in our lives. We do it differently, of course, and balance for me doesn't look the same as balance for Scarlett. But the wonderful thing is that we get that about the other, and somehow it works for us. We are the quintessential Yin and Yang. And, for those of you who may not know, the central idea of yin-yang is this ( are you listening Scarlett??? ): The yin and yang accomplish changes in the universe.....they are opposites that are in constant flux of submission and creativity. They are unable to exist without the other...they 'produce' each other. This is my Scarlett!

The Ethel to my Lucy ( !!!! ), the Grommet to my Wallace, the Hardy to my Laural, the Abbott to my Costello! The Rocky to my Bullwinkle! Ok, I think you get the idea, Diary. ( I am pretty certain, though, that Scarlett can't fly. Though she may have a goofy helmet and riding googles somewhere in her closet!)

It is this wonderful state of realtionship that allows us to tend to the other with out being consumed by the other. There is a trust there. We know that we are sisters...by choice. We work to be free of fear and to love as best we can to help the other to be the best they can too. Giving the other space to be human. We treat the other as we want to be treated....and we both want to ride and we both want to grow.

When we first met it didn't take long for me to say to Scarlett that I wondered if God knew what she was doing when pairing the two of us up as friends. Because even in the early days of our relationship, I could tell that there was a bigger plan for us than just riding together. Based on what has transpired so far???? My guess is that she knew EXACTLY what was going to happen. Magic. Love. Creative ideas and the focus to make it all happen. Yin-Yang! We really are so very different in so very many ways, except one way that is most important. We are ready to work together to impact our universe!

There is a palpable force that I feel when ever we are together that transcends the reality of the moment. Just like my belief that Twitter and I could do anything..it is my fervent belief that Scarlett and I WILL do...many things!!!!!

She is awesome and lovely and I admire and adore her for exactly who she is!

So it is that this particular person, armed with my story, creates magic.

..to be continued...

...tink...

No comments: